|Type:||Boarding, Day School,|
|Head:||Mr Richard Backhouse|
At Berkhamsted, we develop remarkable people. We teach our pupils to do their best in their exams, yet we also teach them to develop a broad range of interests outside of the core curriculum.
A Berkhamsted education equips each pupil with the skills and experience they will need to succeed in the future. Our students leave us as resilient and ambitious young adults who have a sense of purpose and compassion, with the motivation to succeed in the next stage of their lives.
We create an environment that encourages our students to flourish. We encourage them to be intellectually inquisitive, challenging themselves both academically and pastorally.
We understand that success is not always easy to achieve. We believe our students’ development comes through the struggle to achieve good results, whether in the classroom, on the sports pitch or on the stage.
Our teachers teach with passion and commitment, encouraging each pupil to stretch themselves and motivating and inspiring them to challenge their own expectations of what they can achieve.
We provide our students with opportunities, responsibilities and challenges and we hold them accountable for how they respond, from the moment they join Berkhamsted.
• We teach our pupils that it is equally as important to learn to fail as to succeed.
• We believe that our students develop by taking responsibility for both their actions and their mistakes when they make them.
• We encourage our students to grow into the best versions of themselves, inspiring them to learn and develop and providing discipline and guidance where necessary.
• Our students leave Berkhamsted independent, confident and resourceful, equipped with the skills and strategies they will need to enter the next stage of their lives as leaders.
• We are a family of Schools with a long history and proud traditions, yet we have a firm eye on current best educational practice and offer leading-edge teaching technologies
• We are proud of our of excellent academic standards without being academic hothouses
• We offer an extensive co-curricular programme
• Our House system places academic progress and pastoral care at the centre of your child’s education
• We offer a ‘Diamond model’ of teaching, with co-educational and single-sex tuition for boys and girls providing the best of both worlds in one family of Schools
• We are able to provide care and education for your child from five months at Berkhamsted Day Nursery through to Year 13 at Berkhamsted Sixth
• The Berkhamsted family of Schools has all the advantages of access to large school resources with a small school sense of community and individual care
• There are a range of options to make life easier for time-pressured families. Our Day Nursery that operates from 07.30 – 18.30, 50 weeks of the year. We offer Wrap Around Care and the option of flexible, weekly or full boarding, coach routes and a multi-activity holiday camp and other courses on offer during the main school holidays through Berkhamsted BASECAMP
|Type||Boarding, Day School,|
Find more information about Berkhamsted School’s scholarships and bursaries click here
|Mr Richard Backhouse|
Admissions office, 131 High Street, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire